New Horizons Care delivers person-centred supported living services to individuals who may have one or more of the following conditions:
- Mental Health Difficulties
- Learning Disability
- Sensory Impairment
We are also able to provide assistance and input for clients who require nursing care; or those who need support related to social inclusion and autonomy.
The care packages we provide are reflective of the national REACH standards; and we assist our clients in living their life as they choose. We help our clients in managing their tenancy, finances and benefits and they can also access independent advocacy services when required.
Our services are focused on ensuring that our clients can:
- Choose where they live, who they live with, how they are supported and who they want supporting them
- Take part in the local community
- Decide if they want to have the same responsibilities as other citizens and to work towards this goal
We aim to achieve positive outcomes for our clients and help them to do this in many ways, including:
- Support with making friends
- Assisting in maintaining positive relationships
- Promoting a safe and healthy life
- Helping with domestic tasks including meal preparation, shopping, laundry and budget management
From a Case Management perspective, the input we offer includes:
- The compilation of comprehensive and client specific care plans, taking into account each clients physical and mental health, their cultural, religious and lifestyle needs, verbal ability and capacity
- A dedicated Service Manager who oversees and co-ordinates the care of each client, always considering the clients ambitions, and their changing needs
- Meeting with relevant stakeholders, including family members, commissioners and care co-ordinators
New Horizons Care understands that meaningful care and support requires comprehensive training. To this end, we provide our staff with both mandatory and client specific training, and on-going professional development.